Thursday, February 12, 2015

Feed their tummies.


I have been so amazed throughout our adoption process at the ways God has worked to connect me to others with a little one in Congo. But, I can honestly say that no one has blessed me more than my friend and mentor Jenny. Jenny's daughter came home this past summer, but Jenny's heart is still yearning to do more for the children in the DRC.
And I'm so glad it is. 

Jenny and her husband are the founders of Feed Their Tummies, a program that works to provide food for orphaned children in the Congo. 

And a little over a month ago, Jenny brought tears to my eyes when she suggested providing food for Emily's orphanage while I was in country. 
I cried happy tears that day,
but I cried so many more on the day we were able to deliver the food to those most precious babies. 


I have to be honest and say that food is something I often take for granted.
I've never gone to bed hungry or known that heartache. 
But, I see food differently now. 


Food is life-giving in so many ways. 
A warm meal is good for the body and soul. 

Food brings comfort. 
Food heals wounds. 
Food helps us grow. 
Food refreshes us. 
Food gives us energy. 
Food creates hope. 



And these babies can't grow without it.
Having access to good nutrition-giving foods can literally change their lives.....
and save them. 




Want to get involved with Feed Their Tummies? 
Please do. 

Visit their website, learn more, donate, and change the life of a child in the DRC. 





1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed by you, friend. Thank you for loving on these precious children while you were there with your Emily. Your friendship is such a gift and I pray for you and all three of your girls daily! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.