Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Educate a girl, and you will change the world.


It's been said that if you educate a girl, you will change the world. 
I have to say that I believe this is true. 
And this is one of the many reasons that I'm so excited about sharing this with you. 

Friends, meet Louisa. 
She lives in Congo.....the same Congo where my daughter lives. 
And I want to help send her to school. 


My friend Hallie is a world-changer. 
She's a girl after my own heart who desires to make a difference where she is with what she has. 
So, fresh out of college, she has recently launched her dream-- DOT (Do One Thing), where school supplies will work to change the lives of children around the world. 




Hallie has started her company by releasing three products-- 
a journal, a binder, and the most awesome pencils you've ever seen. 

But that's not the best part--- 

each purchase from DOT will provide a half day of school for a child in need somewhere in this world, starting with Louisa. 

Once Louisa's year of school is fully funded, Hallie will begin raising funds to send another child to school. 
And then another. 
And then another. 

Education is one way that lives can truly be changed. 
And you can help. 










I've seen the products myself. 
In fact, I helped Hallie make her final product and design decisions.
Hear me when I say the products are so well made, so visually appealing, and so worth investing in. 
The binder even has a child's picture and his or her story printed on the back. 
What a great way to remind our children to think of others. 
We all buy school supplies; why not buy school supplies that can help children have a brighter future? 




AND, Hallie is partnering with us to help bring Emily home!
So, when you purchase from her site and enter ALDRIDGE ADOPTION or BRING EMILY HOME in the comments section during checkout, a percentage of your order will go towards our adoption fund. 

In other words, you can help Louisa AND Emily while purchasing something your child will enjoy and use this school year. 
That's what I like to call a win-win. 

You can find DOT at www.dotproducts.org
or on Facebook at DotforSchools

The binders and pencils are perfect for your little one and make wonderful teacher gifts. 
And the journals? 
Who wouldn't love on of those? 

And don't forget to check back here soon-- there may or may not be a DOT products giveaway in the works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.