Thursday, January 23, 2014

Noonday Conference 2014: Where Magic Things Happen


This past weekend was nothing short of magical. 
I spent four days last week surrounded by over 120 world-changing women, and it did my heart all kinds of good. 


These women inspire me. They encourage me. They make me laugh and cry the happiest of happy tears, 


You see, we are in this together. 
We see the need that exist in the world for someone to be a voice for the voiceless, and we are taking ACTION. 


And looking our artisan (Jalia, like the JALIA necklace I'm wearing in this picture) and thanking her for letting me play a teeny tiny role in this great big thing God is doing.....it was almost more than I could handle. 




I can't tell you how full my heart is. 
I'm still beaming from the time spent with so many sisters who get it. 
They understand my heart's desire to serve those in need. 



And this time together could not have been more perfect for me in every possible way. 


And a special thank you to WYNNE ELDER, as it was her blog that first led me to Noonday a year and a half ago. And I will forever be grateful that it did. 


And in case you're wondering what my response would be if I were to ever win a trip to Africa, well this pretty much sums it up. More to come on this soon, but let's just say I CANNOT STOP SMILING. God is so so so good, and it's so blatantly obvious that His hand is in all of this. 


Oh, and did I mention that I got to meet Jen Hatmaker and talk to her about it was after I finished her book that I decided to leave the classroom indefinitely and quit my job? Because I totally did. 


Oh, and Jennie Allen. Let me just tell you about Jennie Allen. This woman stirred my heart, made me cry big ole' tears, and spoke to my soul. I cannot WAIT to devour her latest book.  These women have paved the way for those of us hoping to be used where we are with what we have to make a difference in this world. 


Oh, and having a real life best friend who walks this journey with me? 
That's what I like to call the icing on the cake. 

Needless to say I am more inspired than EVER before to work hard for our artisans. 

If you'd like to see more about our amazing weekend, check out this awesome video. 
And if you'd like to know more about Noonday, I'm your girl. 
Email me. 
Let's chat. 
Let's partner together and change some lives, shall we? 

                        

2 comments:

  1. You're making me want to go back! Such an amazing weekend. I am already thinking about next year's conference. :) Let's chat soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved loved loved being with your girls. Gosh the energy and passion in that room.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.