Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Tomorrow I'm headed to Malawi. 
I still can't believe it. 
I am so excited but also anxious. 

Missing my girls will be hard. 
Very, very hard. 
Not being there with my husband will also be hard. 

But I am confident that God has BIG things in store, if for no other reason than this has been an insane week filled with road blocks. 

However, thankfully, I did squeeze in some time to pack. 



Some of the things I'm bringing: 

-good books
-enough Germ-X for an army
-all that I'll need to make PB and J sammiches
-my red blanket that I always sleep with as my source of comfort
-lots of Silly Bands to give those sweet, smiling kiddo faces that I can't wait to see
-my I-pod, fully charged and ready to go
-baby wipes to help get the red dirt off of my feet before I slip into bed
-Lysol wipes
-and earplugs in case the person next to me on any of the eight plane rides I'll take there and back happens to be of the snoring variety

The route: 

Jackson, MS to 
Atlanta to 
Amsterdam to
Kenya to 
Malawi. 

I know. It's a little overwhelming. 

But I am excited all the way down to the tips of my toes. 

And my favorite thing I packed? 
That would be my notebook. 
This summer while I was in Africa, Libby and I wrote notes to each other everyday and then traded notebooks when I got home. 
And we're doing it again this time. 
So excited to write to her and tell her about all that God is doing. 
Even more excited to read her messages to me. 

I'll be updating my facebook page, instagram, and twitter as often as possible. There are links to all of those on the right side of my blog if you'd like to keep up.

And to everyone who is praying for us, thank you. 
My precious Bible study group prayed over me this me and reminded me how thankful I am for a God who calls me to step out of my comfort zone and go. 

Please pray for the Clean Water for Malawi group that we will be the hands and feet of Christ and that we'll work to provide the people of Malawi with the Living Water as well as the water they need to live. 


And CONGRATS to Casey Andrews on winning my Noonday giveaway! :) 

Here's hoping for clear skies and good movies on the plane. 
Be back October 26th. 



4 comments:

  1. Praying for you!! Can't wait to hear about all that God does!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Praying! Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Always praying and thinking of you little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what you're doing is awesome! I'll be praying for you on your trip. I know you will be blessed as much as you will be blessinge. Next time you go, let me know if you need some silly bands because we have an abundance of them at my house.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.