Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Five Thanks: February

1. Being Pushed


It's no secret I love Africa. Love really doesn't even do the way I feel justice. And this month has brought about several possible opportunities for me to help. More to come on this soon, but let's just say that when life gets hectic and crazy and I tend to put Africa on the back burner, God pushes me over and over and over again to keep it at the forefront of my thoughts. And, in this case, I really appreciate the push.

2. Movie Date with my Mom


This past weekend my mom and I went to see The Vow to celebrate her birthday. Even though her big day was over a month ago, I love when we take time out to just be together. I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it's supposed to be.

3. LOOOONNNNGGGG Overdue Reunions


I am so thankful that I finally got to spend some time with my best friend. Way too many moons have passed since we were last together, and I have missed the heck out of her. I missed her silly jokes, the way she sings when she drives, how she knows me inside and out, and simply who I am when we're together. And no worries-- we are already planning our next get together.

4. This Book


Even though I already talked about this book here, I just wanted to say ONE MORE TIME what a wonderful reminder it is of God's never-failing love for us. His forgiveness never ceases to blow my mind.

5. Opportunities


This month was stock full of things to do. My planner literally has no room left for last month, and I'm thinking I MIGHT have squeezed three free hours out of it. But, with opportunities often come good memories, and last month certainly delivered. I was busy, busy, busy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And yes, that is an empty cup of froyo. To a girl with a milk allergy, froyo is the greatest invention of the 20th century. Seriously, it's right up there with disposable diapers and mixed tapes.

Here's hoping your February was one to write home about too.

Happy Wednesday to you and you and you.


1 comment:

  1. I am actually wearing my Africa shirt I purchased through you last year right now so I must ask where did you get the one you're wearing? Another fundraiser? If it's still available let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.