Thursday, December 29, 2011

Peppermint Bark: A Way to Use All Those Candy Canes

I kinda feel like I'm swimming in left over Christmas candy.
You too?

Well, here's what I plan to do with the candy canes that are swallowing my kitchen whole:

Bloggers, meet my peppermint bark.


What you'll need:

-wax paper
-a large bowl (microwave safe)
-a large spoon
- 2 cups rice krispies
-one package almond bark
-a dozen or so candy canes, crushed or chopped

Spread the wax paper flat on your counter. You may need to tape down the edges if they aren't cooperating.
Melt the almond bark (aka white chocolate) according to the package directions.
Once it is melted, quickly add the rice krispies. Add them a little at a time and stir, stir, stir. Once the rice krispies are coated in the chocolate, spread them out onto the wax paper. Once it has cooled some but not all the way, sprinkle the crushed peppermints over the rice krispies/chocolate mix.

Let cool.
Remove from wax paper.
Store in an air tight container.

Eat and enjoy the heck out of it.

This is always a HUGE hit with my family and friends.
In fact, my grandmother requests it every year.

What's your favorite holiday treat?
You know, the one you look forward to eating every year?
Pretty sure mine is peppermint kisses of the Hershey variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.