Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I AM THAT MOM: Dara





I am that mom....



Who dresses their kid super cute so that people don't notice I'm in yoga pants with no make-up on.



Who forgets to comb her kid's hair sometimes but always remembers to put a bow in.



Who really tries (but often fails) to not judge other moms. This can be really hard to do when you're a speech therapist and work with other people's kids for a living--you see all sorts of craziness!



Who feels guilty leaving a crying baby (or one who is really trying not to) at daycare or the church nursery.



Who tries to be creative at lunch with my picky eater but usually ends up serving peanut butter, grilled cheese, or a quesadilla.



Who refuses to be a short order cook. You eat what I cook or you don't eat.



Who is tempted to let my kid live off of yogurt because it's the one thing that she'll always eat.



Who does her very best to never say, "Caroline will never..." because I don't want my words to come back and bite me in the booty.



Who loves being a mom more than anything in the world but admits there are days that I would sell my grouch for the right price.



Who really hopes I never have to battle my kid over what to wear. (I know, I know, I'm living in a dream world!).



Who lets her kid watch Toy Story 3 about 14 times a day because she asks so nicely ("Toy Story pleeeeeeease") after I've told her no.



Who was determined to start potty training at 18 months, even though people kept telling me I was crazy. I was about a month and a half late, and we have our good and bad days but we're getting there.



Who ran out of wipes the other day at the mall and had to change a poopy Pull-Up, so I used wet paper towels. I also didn't have a plastic bag for Pull-Up, so I just put it straight in the trash. I'm really sorry to whoever walked in after us!



Who has done her best not to wish away one minute with their kid. I try to really enjoy each step and milestone (even the, ummm, "challenging" ones).



Who has days where I want to quit this whole mommy thing for a little while...or at least put her to bed so I can have a BIG glass of wine!!!



Who loves being with their kid but doesn't know if I could be a full time stay at home mom.



Who hopes their kid grows up to be kind. I want her to be giving, loving, sympathetic, and to want to make the world a better place a little bit at a time. No pressure. :-)







If you'd like to read more of my mommy adventures, check out my blog here!



Thanks Dara! I so love and admire your positive outlook, and I am SO GLAD we are friends. :)
In case you are just joining us this week, you can check out our other two I Am That Mom posts here (Monday- Camille) and here (Tuesday- Jane).
Be sure to come back tomorrow.
Until then, hap hap happy Wednesday to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.