Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thank You Notes, Owl Style

I live in the South, and in the South you say thanks.
So, seeing as last weekend was the Libster's seventh birthday shin dig, we are now in full on thank you writing mode at our house. And simply buying thank you notes would be way too easy. So, here's what we did instead:

We gathered some of this. And yes, those are paint swatches you see there. Also, that jumbo hole punch is one of the best craft items I own. Two points for Michael's for being so darn awesome.



Then Libby went to work creating some of these.


Cute, yes?



Not only is this activity helping her to be more appreciative, but she's actually excited about writing thank you notes this year. Let's give another two points to Mom for teaching her kid so early to be grateful in a way that she can actually enjoy.


Here's hoping your Monday feels more like a Tuesday.
Come back tomorrow where I'll be posting my I Am That Mom: One Year Later post and calling for a few more guest posters for later this month.

Happy start of a new week to you and you and you.



Today I'm linking here, here, here, here, here, and here.



2 comments:

  1. Love that you're teaching her the southern-ness of writing thank you notes and that you made them so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts today! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/owl-thank-you-notes/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.