Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Going to Camp: Packing Tip

This little girl leaves for camp in less than two days.


She's super excited, but it will be her first time to be away from home on her own.
And while I'm not packing anything of real value,
 I would like most of what she leaves with to return home with her.

And after eleven summers of camp experience, I learned a thing or two about how to make the whole packing process a little easier.

Bloggers, meet Lib's camp tub:


I packed everything she needed in her tub (I would use a trunk if she were going for a longer amount of time, but everything fit well in here so we went with it),
 and inside of the lid, I taped a list of everything that I packed in her tub.


This way, when it's time to pack to come home, she knows what all she is supposed to have.


Hopefully, this will make the whole 'independent trip away from home' a little easier for her.
Seriously though, as long as she makes it home with her Lovie, we are good....everything else is replaceable.

Now let's just hope the camp staff is ready for this.....


Happy Tuesday, my peeps.

I'm taking procrastination to a whole new level today, considering I need to be 100% packed by tonight so that I won't have to remove myself from the couch following tomorrow's nerve burn.

But at this rate, I'll be back very, very soon.

Until then: happy camping.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Hope your girls have a great time at camp!

    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Did she have fun? How's the back and the move?

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.