Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chasing the Dream


Today I am desperately wishing I felt the way this picture looks to me, lazy with a dash of hopeful anticipation. It was taken Saturday by my fear Rachel who was watching Hollyn (and Doc) while Libby and I were scratching an item off my 30 in my 30's list (more to come on this very soon), and basically I'm in love with it.

Instead, I'm way too anxious and up to ears in too much to do. We have a contract on our house and on the house we hope to move into in two weeks. Oh, you heard me. I said TWO WEEKS. And seeing as how we are still waiting on our appraisal to make sure we can sell our house for what we hope to sell for, I haven't packed a thing. This is so going to be interesting, especially considering my dear ole' back won't allow me to lift anything. Fun times, I tell ya.

Also, the reality of going back to work next year has started to sink in, and while I'm excited to be back in the classroom, I am not excited about giving up time with Hollyn. Oh, that baby. I am so madly in love with her, and it kills to me to think of all the time we've missed out on this year because of my back.

More to come very soon on house selling, packing, granny yard sales, Libby's reading adventures, Doc's chewing habits, and whatever else manages to happen between now and then.
But for now, it's raining, and I'm going to sit and pretend like I don't have 1000 things to do and instead try to enjoy it.

Happy Tuesday to you and you and you.

2 comments:

  1. Doc's growing up so fast! Last time I saw a pic, he was nothing but a little lump with giant eyeballs! :) Grats on the selling & buying of the houses! I hope everything goes smoothly over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that's the same little puppy!

    You manage to sound so positive when there is so much craziness. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.