Friday, June 24, 2011

30 in my 30's: Be Our Guest? Why yes, yes, we will.

This past weekend I was able to scratch off yet another item from my 30 in my 30's list.

This time I went for #1:

Take Libby to see a play.

And so see a play we did.

And we picked a good one....
Beauty and the Beast to be exact.
Lib, my mom, and I got all dolled up and headed to Memphis.


Theatre was my favorite thing to be involved in in high school,
and I have a feeling the Libster is going to love it too.



So far we're off to a great start, seeing as how she said she loved every. single. minute of the show.
She was mesmerized by the costumes, the dancing, and the singing.
In fact, I caught her singing along on more than one occasion.
And she's already asked what we are going to see next.

And if you are thinking about going to see it, I highly recommend.
 It's very similar to the Disney movie (many of the songs are identical),
 and the kept the scare factor to a minimum.

Are you a theatre lover?
What's the best show YOU have ever seen?
For me, it's a tie between Phantom of the Opera (which I saw in London, btw)
and Wicked (be still my heart).

What shall we see next? 

Hmmmmmmm.......


Happy weekending to you and you and you. 
Mine will be spent hoping to hear that our appraisal came through
and that we will in fact be able to move and helping my mom with a garage sale.
Good times are bound to be had by all. 

Coming soon:

*updates on Kristen's Africa trip
*more on Hollyn and the onset of the terrible two's
*my newest painting adventures

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I love the theatre too! Faves: Les Miserables, Wicked, and Lion King (AMAZING costumes! def take Libby to that one!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phantom of the Opera, hands down favorite. Sound of Music, very good, yet lacking without Julie Andrews. And the one play I actually saw on Broadway, Thoroughly Modern Millie... Thoroughly worth every saved penny.

    Hope Libby gets to see many, many more plays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked, hands down, is my favorite! Legally Blonde is a close second. It's hilarious! Casey and I saw Beauty and the Beast in Memphis as well! We're hoping to see Les Miserables when it hits Memphis. Probably not too child friendly though.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.