Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grasping at Straws

I am just going to be honest here:
the other day when I said the pity party was over,
well,  apparently I lied.


I didn't MEAN to lie....it just sort of happened.
It seems as though degrumpifying is easier said than done.
I had full intentions of snapping out of it, but it simply didn't happen.

The latest on my back, you ask?
I'm sick of it.
I hate it.
Can a girl just get a new one already?
Seriously.

I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on Monday.
The fingers are crossed....again.

In the meantime, I'm doing everything I can think of to gain some perspective
and turn my frown upside down.

Here are a few more things that have been big fat fails in the name of cheering up:

1. Ke$ha and her glitter rainbows, unicorns, and dancing with Dawson.


Big fat fail.


2.  Reading, reading, and reading some more.

While it helps a little, it's only temporary.


3. Sleep?

Oh...no. No sleeping here. The back isn't a fan.


4.  Retail therapy.

No such luck. The town I live in is super tiny and has little to offer in this department.



5. Watching the girls play dress up.



Ok, I will admit that this helped more than anything else. Hollyn was so proud of herself, and the look on her little face was priceless.
That is, of course, until Libby took her hat....and then Hollyn cried.
Bye bye, moment of temporary back distraction.

Here's hoping you have a great back, a great Thursday,
and a great source of distraction for moments such as this.



4 comments:

  1. I sure hope you get some answers and some relief soon. I know that has go to be TER-RI-BLE! I couldn't imagine not being able to pick up my babies. If you need anything let me know. I'm not terribly far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you, but that Ke$ha video made my day. I even went and bought the album. :)
    Hope you feel better, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have chronic back pain or something? I have a stiff neck. and pain on my upper back, and I was riding my horse yesterday and got thrown off so it just made it worse! Ugh... But still you sound in worse shape then I do if you can't even sleep :( I'm glad you have some distractions though

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno...I kinda see Ke$ha in myself....Like we're the same person really... :) get well soon

    heart u,
    Molly dee

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.