Friday, February 18, 2011

The 4-1-1 on What's in My Bag

Friends, today I'd like to introduce you to my makeup bag.
Friends, the bag.
The bag, friends.


Now that you've been formerly introduced, how would you care to take a peeksie inside?



Ok, who am I trying to kid- no, it doesn't always look like this. On a typical day, it's a tad bit more messy and jumbled and filled with random q-tips and whatnot. But today we're focusing on the positive and pointing out the highlights. By this I mean, here are what I consider 'my makeup bag essentials'. Let me preface this by saying that I am easy to please. When I find a product I like, I'm pretty hooked for life or longer. And I wear only the minimal when it comes to make-up; nothin' fancy round here, folks.

That having been said, here are my favs:


1- a Vitamin E stick...great for scratches, scars or anything else of that nature.

2-travel-size Aquaphor-- the BEST thing ever for heels, elbows, or anything else that may be of the dry    and/or cracked variety. It's also done wonders for Lib's eczema.

3- daily moisturizer with sunscreen...the generic Target version.

4- CHI silk infusion- a must for any girl with unruly, untameable, oober frizzy hair like the kind I have

5-Loreal True Match Naturale foundation-- LOVE this stuff. It's so light and feels like you aren't wearing make-up. Step aside Bare Minerals.

6- I also love the concealer-- no clumping, no greasies. Just complete coverage love.

7- chap stick-- any kind, any brand; I'm not picky.

8-Maybelline Super Stay Lip Color-- love, love, love this product.

9-Maybelline Falsies mascara-- the wand on this one is a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll be headed towards a beautiful time together.

Now you know I'm gonna ask, what's in your bag? What products do you swear by? I would love to know your top picks. If you post about this or have posted about this before, share the link?
I'd love to read all about it.

Oh, and my happy thought this morning:

my favorite blogger, The Emily Anderson, posted about our Africa shirts this morning.
You can check it out here if you're interested.

Happy Friday to you, and you, and you.
Hugs and kisses.

5 comments:

  1. I'd say it's looking pretty good b/y my bag is waaay more cluttered than that. I'm always on the lookout for some good new beauty products. :)

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! I don't even have a bag. I have everything in a drawer, and it's SUCH a mess. My 6 year old can't seem to stay out of it, so no matter how often I try & fix it, she messes it up again.

    Visiting from Serenity Now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here from Serenity Now. I just love the look of your blog! I think I'll peek around just a bit, if you don't mind! :-)

    Also, where do you find the Vitamin E stick? I have never heard of that--but want to purchase one right away!! Thanks!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually found that Vitamin E stick at Wal-Mart in the vitamin section. And thanks so much for the compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I am a new follower from the blog hop! I would love it if you followed me back :)

    http://thirtyonetrendytotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.