Thursday, January 27, 2011

AFRICA: How It Started For Me

Several months ago, God planted a seed in my heart.
And this has grown, and grown, and grown.
And it's grown for Africa.

And in thinking of all the things I want to share with you about Africa and all the ways you can help and all the amazing things God is doing there, I thought it was only natural to share with you how I first came to be interested.

And to me, it's surprising.

You see, God got my attention through, of all things, a YouTube video.

Now I don't for sure, but I'm willing to bet than whenever whomever it was who created YouTube came up with the idea, he or she never planned on YouTube being a source of inspiration. But that's what it was for me. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this particular video, but it has changed my heart and opened my mind to how I want to help and the difference I want to make for Africa and its people.

The video tells the story of Kristi and her family in their journey to adopt this precious little girl from Ethiopia.


And since watching it, I've started following her blog. And during the past six months or so, I've been inspired time and time again by her desire to serve not only her family but those she left behind in Africa.



And she's got big news: they are adopting again!
And this time it's a little boy named Wes, and after following her story, I can't wait for her to get him home and love the heck of him and show us his precious little face, which she won't be allowed to do until he's home.

But, Kristi doesn't want to just help Wes; she also wants to help others who are hurting and in need of help in Africa. So, she's in the process of collecting cloth diapers (new and gently used).
 If this is something you're interested in, check out her blog here or by clicking the button below:

 
 
And, get excited...I've got some big news coming your way soon regarding Kristin's trip and how I'll be working hard to raise money for Africa.


3 comments:

  1. thanks so much for sharing this! for as long as i've known, i've had a heart for adoption. this completely tugs at my heart strings. who knows? maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it how God gets our attention in such unexpected ways. I can't wait to read more about how He's going to use you and your blog to impact people in Africa!

    Blessings,
    Carolyn (relaxedbeauty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, thanks so much..it looks awesome!! you did such a great job... I'm so humbled :) kristi

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.