Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reading Fair: Seeing Pink

Today is the big day: Libby's first reading fair.

While I am completely aware of the fact that it's just the reading fair and not the Olympics or the CMA's or whatnot, I must say that I am having one of those total MOM moments....the kind where you are so overwhelming proud that you can't stop smiling....that would be me.



Libby worked SO HARD on her project. We're still working on our writing, so all of this took some serious effort and concentration on her part.



While I did draw Pinkalicious, Libby colored her...I'd say she did pretty well for a kindergartner.


The part where Pinkalicious's dad makes her take a bath to try to wash off all that pink is the Libster's favorite part.


Here is her summary of the book:



This was taken when we went to her school to set up her project yesterday afternoon.


And here is what she wore to present her project.


She was pink from head to toe, but when I asked her why her eyes weren't open in any of the pictures, she said it was just too early for all that.

Well, my child learned a very important lesson today:
Hard work is rewarded by the sense of accomplishment you get at knowing you've done your very best....
and sometimes your very best leads to big things....

like awards from your principal....


...a first place ribbon....


...and an invitation to the regional reading fair in February.



Way to go my little reader.  It makes my heart smile to see the Lib love books as much as I do....
Oh, and did I mention that the judges were cracking up at her when they asked her about her book and she went into a five minute tale about all of Pinkalicious's adventures in the book?
That's my Libby.



Also linking here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here. So much linking, so little time.

13 comments:

  1. what a fun idea!!

    we had a similar thing at my daughter's school - they decorated pumpkins. Gracie did Fancy Nancy. :)

    Good job to your daughter, Libby. and to you for drawing Pinkilicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow!? they did this in kindergarten!?

    she did incredible! congrats to your little blossoming bookworm! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like Pinkalicious at our house too. Can you come over and help me when my kids have projects to do? You and Libby did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Libby!
    I warned you McCall. Have fun in Oxford...Jackson...Washington D.C.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Candace from Rescued Via Grace!
    This is AWESOME - what a great job!!! I need to break down and buy this book for our girls! I think we must have brought it home from the library twenty times!
    I wanted to stop by and say "hello." I am anxious to read more here, as I am a first time visitor!
    Blessings to your sweet family!
    ~Candace

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some neat handwriting for a Kindergartener! My first grader would be under the table hiding if he had to give any sort of presentation like that! Found you @ 30 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you through “Friend Finding Fridays”!!! I love your blog and can't wait to come back Sunday and really look around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you guys went all out! what great inspiration. found you through friends finding friday. i hope you will stop on over. sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. She did a great job and she is so, so cute!
    I am following from the Pink Dandy Sunday blog hop. Will you please visit me and follow back at http://debbiedoescoupons.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you from the Pink Dandy Chatter blog hop. Have a great week ahead!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job!!!
    I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me too.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My girls love Pinkatastic! I would love to have you link this up at Trendy Treehouse!

    http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/11/creative-share-blog-hop-turkey-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! You should share it on www.facebook.com/pinkalicious

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.