Monday, November 22, 2010

Blessing Ring

WARNING: If your name is Casey, and you're getting married this weekend, don't read this post unless you want to ruin a cute surprise. Be a good girl and avert your eyes elsewhere, mkay?

It was a long, good weekend. However, it was also sad because it reminded me that visits with friends just aren't the same now that I have not one but two babies. More on that soon.

But tonight, I want to talk to you about a wedding present for this super cute couple:


My good friend Casey and Libby's Blake (long story short: Lib loves him) will be getting married this Saturday. We've been looking forward to this wedding for a long time (meaning Libby has had her outfit picked out since this summer), and I wanted to make something special for the cute couple.

Bloggers, I give you the blessing ring.


Basically, it's just as it sounds: a ring filled with blessings.


You take  a ring, attach some cute embellishments and whatnot, and then the couple has a place to hold those cards, notes, gift tags, etc. Weddings are full of these, and brides are always left with no place to put them. Instead of sticking all these lovelies in a box somewhere, try to stringing them on one of these.


I started it off for her with some quotes, her wedding invitation, and a note from yours truly...and a picture from Libby.


She can hang in her closet or on the back of a door or anywhere she pleases and be reminded of this special time whenever she sees it. I think that's a whole lot cooler than all these treasures being stuck in a box and left to be forgotten on a shelf in the closet, don't you???


Oh, and I used her wedding colors. Knowing Casey, she's going to L.O.V.E. this.

It's also a great gift to give a high school senior or new mom, and I love how versatile it is.

What's YOUR go-to wedding happy?????


Oh, speaking of happy....I'm thinking we'd both be a wee bit happier if you entered my giveaway. It ends first thing Saturday morning, but why wait?
See you there. :)


Linking to here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and  here. And now I'm all linked out.



3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I've also seen these for babies and keep thinking I might pull all the cards out of our memory boxes and do this for my girls even though they're now 6 & 9, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!!

    Thank for linking up to Too Cute Tuesday!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.