Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pseudo Sisters- Part Two

*** In case you missed part one of this, you can find it here.***

Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart – oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape – of your sister. ~ Katherine Mansfield


 
This quote utterly exemplifies how I feel about this one:
 
 

Bloggers, meet my Rebecca.  She's my pseudo sister, number two, and I absolutely could not possibly adore her more. She's the little sister I never had, my greatest cheerleader (other than my mom, of course), my all-time support in the motherhood department, and my favorite sounding board. She's also my guitar hero, the most patient person I've ever met, and who I aim to be in terms of serving others.

Words cannot express how much I love this one.



She's been there during the birth (well, in the lobby, seeing as how I've had two c-sections) of both of my babies. She also happens to be Libby's godmother. To say the Libster adores her-- well, mildly put, that just doesn't do it justice.



She's the friend I know I can call any time of day, and although she's truly one of the busiest people I know, she's never too busy for me. We can go weeks (although I'd rather not) without talking and NEVER miss a beat. We have very similar parenting styles, and she loves my girls unconditionally....this was put to the test the time Libby got the stomach virus at her house. We're still talking two years later. That's true friendship, folks.



She is a true spiritual advisor for me, and I firmly believe every Christian girl needs one of these. I know I can always rely on her to give me good, Godly advice, to always listen to me, always be honest with me, and support me no matter what kind of mess I may fall into one day down the road.



We met my last year in college and took to each other like flies to honey. In fact, she's my social club little sister. (Good thing that worked out, because she threatened to quit pledging if she'd been paired with anyone but me. ;) ).  And for the past eight years come this September, a piece of my heart has had her name on it.

Should I ever have a crazy, completely random, totally off the wall idea, she's the one I call, 1.) because I know if she laughs at me it will be with love, and 2.) because I know that if she thinks my idea is total junk she'll find the perfect way to word her response that will leave me knowing I need to rethink and still feeling ok about my decision-making abilities.

In addition to loving her, I also love her little one like he is my own.....



...and sometimes I wish he was.

So, Becka- thank you.

 Thank you for loving me despite all my imperfections, bad decisions, and days when I don't call.
You are truly one of my greatest gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I knew your pseudo sister #2 was going to be Rebecca! I am so glad you have such strong, faithful and loving friends! You are very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.