Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Little Libby


As many of you know, Libby Baker is quite the little hoot. She's literally the funniest kid I've ever known. She's not funny in the normal way kids are funny, like when they make a funny face or try something new for the first time. No, Libby is truly a natural born comedian. She has the best comedic timing and is quite the entertainer. If I were even half as funny as Libby is, I believe life would be just a little bit sweeter.

A few weeks ago, we were at Lee's parent's house and were trying to decide where we wanted to eat. We were torn between Mexican and Chinese. Well, Lib's Uncle Brad decided that the easiest way to decide was the flip a coin. He gets out a coin, flips, and tells Lib to call it. She looks at me......she looks at Lee......she looks at Brad......and then, in her best hide and seek style of voice, she says,

" Penny......oh Penny.........."

The best part is, it was a dime.


And it was right around this time last year when I quit my beloved Lewisburg job to move. I went to pick up Libby after a long day of quitting the best job ever and was beyond down in the dumps. Well, Libby, the fixer, asked, "What's wrong, Mommy?"

I replied, " Mommy is just sad becuase she won't get to teach at Lewisburg anymore, Lib."

And then here's the Libby that I love, " Well, you know, the Indians KILLED Daniel Boone, Mom."

While doing my best to stiffle my laughter so as not to discourage future prophetic phrases from my daughter, I simply replied, "Well, when you put it that way, Libby, I guess today wasn't so bad."

Needless to say, she was pleased with my response.

So, point being, I cannot wait to see the sort of trouble my little one will get into in the years to come. And I don't think I will ever stop thanking God for giving me a front row seat to witness this very entertaining show I call Libby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.